Recreational Swims are a great way for children to enjoy swimming in a fun environment while staying physically active. Recreational swims are held in our Wellness Pool which consists of a warm water shallow end (91°F/33°C) and a deep end. Competent swimmers that can pass the swim test can enjoy 3 water slides and a Tarzan rope in the deep end of the Wellness Pool.
Our Evening Adventure Program (after school) allows children and youth to choose swimming as an option throughout the week, Monday to Friday. Children are supervised by a BGCL staff member in the water as well as qualified Lifeguards. Parents/guardians are not permitted during these times.
Grades: 1 to 8
4:30 pm to 7:00 pm*
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday during the school year (except on PD Days & holiday breaks)
5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Tuesdays during the school year
Included in Membership and visitor fees during the school year.
- Children 6 years of age or younger must be directly supervised within arm’s reach in the water by a parent or guardian aged 16 or older at all times (maximum 2 children per adult).
- Children 7-10 years of age who are non-swimmers must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is at least 16 years of age and responsible for their direct supervision OR wear a lifejacket.
- Lifejackets can only be worn in the shallow end of the Aquaplex Pool & the shallow end of the Wellness Pool.
- The deep end is restricted to those individuals able to demonstrate comfort in the water and the ability to pass the Aquatic Swim Test given by the lifeguard on duty. This test consists of a 25m swim completed comfortably by the swimmer without putting their feet on the bottom.
- Special needs should always be 1:1 in the water at all times.
- Guardians or group leaders are responsible for the children in their care while in the facility and must directly supervise the children at all times.
519-434-9115 Ext. 246