Canadian Tire Jumpstart® is a community-based charitable program that helps kids aged 4-18 participate in organized sports and recreation such as hockey, dance, gymnastics, soccer, and swimming, so they can develop important life skills, self-esteem and confidence. For more information about the Canadian Tire Jumpstart® program visit http://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/en.html
Jumpstart® is national in scope but local in focus, Canadian Tire Jumpstart® delivers support to children in financial need through a Canadian-wide network of local chapters. We get kids in the game by assisting with the costs associated with registration and/or equipment for sports and physical activity programming. We also lend support to unique initiatives aimed at increasing access to sports and physical activity programming. The Boys and Girls Clubs of London is one local community partners that process applications for Boys and Girls Club programs, and community sports and recreation programs.
When families need a little financial boost to get kids involved in a sport, dance team or other active program, they need to fill out an application. This needs to be done before the fees are due, as the money goes right to the organization. Applications for assistance can typically be submitted from January 15 to November 1; with the goal for funding to be equitably distributed over Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter activities.
It takes between 6-8 weeks for an application to be processed. If a new Payee needs to be approved, it could take longer. A Payee is an organization where the cheque for approved Jumpstart funding will be sent. If the organization is not an existing Payee, then they will need to be reviewed and approved by the Jumpstart Finance team as part of the application process—hence why, in these instances, the application process could take longer.
If you are a parent or guardian, you can apply for funding on behalf of your child/children by clicking Jumpstart Online Application button. All information provided will be kept confidential.
Before you start, we ask that you first be able to answer “Yes” to the following questions:
• Is the child on whose behalf you are applying between the ages of 4-18?
• Is the funding that you require for a program involving a sport or physical activity?
• Is your family in a demographic which would be considered in financial need (as defined by Government guidelines)? Click here to check if you meet the financial need criteria.
If you can answer “Yes” to all 3 questions, then you will need to provide the following information as part of the application process. Be sure to have them handy once you click on the Start Application button:
• Your contact information (name, postal code, telephone number, and email address).
• The first name, last name, gender and date of birth of your child.
• The details of the sport or physical activity in which your child would like to participate.
• The amount that you are requesting from Jumpstart.
• The name of the non-profit/charitable/service organization (Payee) running the sport or physical activity program. Funds or equipment are provided directly to the Payee on behalf of the qualifying youth or child.
• Proof of financial need. Any one of the following will suffice as proof of financial need—income assessment, prior year T4 statement or three consecutive pay stubs. Instructions will be provided in the application on how to upload a copy of these documents.
Families must meet financial need criteria in order to qualify for Jumpstart funding. Jumpstart recommends following Low Income Cut-offs (LICOs) which are based on a family’s size, the size of their community and the total family unit income (before tax).
• Cheques are made payable to the service organization identified as the “Payee” in the application form. The Payee is a service organization (such as a local Hockey Association or gymnastic club) which coordinates the sports or physical activity on behalf of the qualifying youth/child.
• Cheques are never sent to the parent/guardian directly.
• All approvals are at the sole discretion of the local Jumpstart Chapter and designated Canadian Tire Regional Manager; and are subject to local demands and Chapter budgets.
519-434-9115 ext. 241
KidSport™ is a grassroots Canadian non-profit organization that provides support to under-resourced children and youth 18 years of age and under in London by removing financial barriers that prevent them from playing organized sport.
Jumpstart has once again partnered with Lace ‘Em Up Foundation. This is an opportunity that will allow families to request up to an additional $1,000 for hockey registration fees from Lace ‘Em Up Foundation for next season, above and beyond Jumpstart support. The application season will begin on April 1.
The Dreamcatcher Charitable Foundation believes that youth develop leadership and teamwork skills through participation in team sports and community-based activities. Taking part in organized activities and special events allows individuals to feel like they have a greater role in their own communities. Youth are valuable contributors to our communities and The Dreamcatcher Charitable Foundation would like to help develop that talent.
The Dreamcatcher Charitable Foundation is a registered foundation designated to provide support and address situations unique to the First Nations community. The Foundation will supply grants to individuals with a goal of developing youth as future community leaders.
Kidsport London, Lace'em Up Foundation, and the Dreamcatcher Foundation applications are not directed to Jumpstart or the Boys and Girls Club, and as such, Jumpstart and the Boys and Girls Club is unable to verify receipt of applications, speak to adjudication decisions, and/or confirm/track payments by Kidsport London, Lace'em Foundation, and the Dreamcatcher Foundation.
To submit the Jumpstart application online, it would be best to use a PC instead of your mobile device or tablet.
Please Note: Kidsport London, Lace'em Up Foundation, and the Dreamcatchers Charitable Foundation applications are not directed to Jumpstart or the Boys and Girls Club, and as such, Jumpstart and the Boys and Girls Club is unable to verify receipt of applications, speak to adjudication decisions, and/or confirm/track payments by Kidsport London, Lace'em Up Foundation, and the Dreamcatchers Charitable Foundation.