Canadian Tire Jumpstart® is a community-based charitable program that helps kids aged 4-18 participate in organized sports and recreation such as hockey, dance, gymnastics, soccer and swimming, so they can develop important life skills, self-esteem and confidence. For more information about the Canadian Tire Jump Start program visit http://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/en.html
Jumpstart® is national in scope but local in focus, Canadian Tire Jumpstart® delivers support to children in financial need through a Canadian-wide network of local chapters. We get kids in the game by assisting with the costs associated with registration and/or equipment for sports and physical activity programming. We also lend support to unique initiatives aimed at increasing access to sports and physical activity programming. The Boys and Girls Clubs of London is one local community partners that processes applications for Boys and Girls Club programs and community sports and recreation programs.
When families need a little financial boost to get kids involved in a sport, dance team or other active program, they need to fill out an application. This needs to be done before the fees are due, as the money goes right to the organization. Applications for assistance can typically be submitted from January 15 to November 1; with the goal for funding to be equitably distributed over Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter activities.
It takes between 6-8 weeks for an application to be processed. If a new Payee needs to be approved, it could take longer. A Payee is the organization where the cheque for approved Jumpstart funding will be sent. If the organization is not an existing Payee, then they will need to be reviewed and approved by the Jumpstart Finance team as part of the application process—hence why, in these instances, the application process could take longer.
If you are a parent or guardian, you can apply for funding on behalf of your child/children by clicking Online Application button. All information provided will be kept confidential.
Before you start, we ask that you first be able to answer “Yes” to the following questions:
• Is the child on whose behalf you are applying between the ages of 4-18?
• Is the funding that you require for a program involving a sport or physical activity?
• Is your family in a demographic which would be considered in financial need (as defined by Government guidelines)? Click here to check if you meet the financial need criteria.
If you can answer “Yes” to all 3 questions, then you will need to provide the following information as part of the application process. Be sure to have them handy once you click on the Start Application button:
• Your contact information (name, postal code, telephone number and email address).
• The first name, last name, gender and date of birth of your child.
• The details of the sport or physical activity in which your child would like to participate.
• The amount that you are requesting from Jumpstart.
• The name of the non-profit/charitable/service organization (Payee) running the sport or physical activity program. Funds or equipment are provided directly to the Payee on behalf of the qualifying youth or child.
• Proof of financial need. Any one of the following will suffice as proof of financial need—income assessment, prior year T4 statement or three consecutive pay stubs. Instructions will be provided in the application on how to upload a copy of these documents.
Families must meet financial need criteria in order to qualify for Jumpstart funding. Jumpstart recommends following Revenue Canada’s Low Income Cut-offs (LICOs) which are based on a family’s size, the size of their community and the total family unit income (before tax).
• Cheques are made payable to the service organization identified as the “Payee” in the application form. The Payee is a service organization (such as a local Hockey Association or gymnastic club) which coordinates the sports or physical activity on behalf of the qualifying youth/child.
• Cheques are never sent to the parent/guardian directly.
• All approvals are at the sole discretion of the local Jumpstart Chapter and designated Canadian Tire Regional Manager; and are subject to local demands and Chapter budgets.
519 434-9115 xt 241