|HOME DONATE CONTACT
OF DIRECTORS FOUNDATION
EVENTS BOYS & GIRLS CLUB
In 1956, the Legion Memorial Boys' Club, was started by the Roosevelt Branch of the Royal Canadian Legion. Volunteers ran programs on the second floor of the Legion for about 40 boys. The Legion wanted to help keep boys off the streets and away from potential juvenile delinquent behaviour. We have grown over the years to a multi service organization serving the unmet needs of more than 8,265 children and youth.
We have two Boards which are separately incorporated under the laws of Ontario and registered under the Societies Act. Each Board consists of fifteen members with one cross-over member who sits on both to ensure that good communication is fostered and that the interests of our children and youth are maintained.
In the beginning, the Boys & Girls Club of London Foundation Board looked after a small investment fund and met twice a year. In 1984 the Foundation was revamped and thrust into a more active role. The Board members, along with a Campaign Cabinet were charged with raising two million dollars to build new facilities for the Club. We placed all of our assets under their jurisdiction and charged them with administering the Building Fund, Investment Fund, and increasing our fund raising activities. This Board now meets six times each year and has its own President and Officers.
Donate Online Through Canada Helps
Charity of Choice
© 2013 Boys & Girls Club of London Foundation 184 Horton Street London, Ontario N6B 1K8 Registered Charitable Number 119037638 RR0001