In 1956, the Legion Memorial Boys' Club was created by the Roosevelt Branch of the Royal Canadian Legion.
Volunteers ran programs on the second floor of the Legion for approximately 40 boys. The Legion wanted to
help keep boys off the streets and away from potential juvenile delinquent behaviour. We have grown in many
respects over the years to a multi service organization serving the needs of many children and youth in our
We have two Boards which are separately incorporated provincially and federally, and registered under the
Societies Act. Each Board consists of fifteen members with one cross-over member who sits on both to ensure
that good communication is fostered and that the interests of our children and youth are maintained.
In the beginning, the Boys and Girls Club of London Foundation Board looked after a small investment fund
and met twice a year. In 1984 the Foundation was revamped and thrust into a more active role. The Board
members, along with a Campaign Cabinet were charged with raising funds to build new facilities for the Club.
We placed all of our assets under their jurisdiction and charged them with administering the Building Fund,
Investment Fund, and increasing our fundraising activities.
Presently, in addition to the Foundation Board, fundraising is the focus of a number of sub-committees under
the guidance of the Board led Resource Development Advisory Committee.
Boys' & Girls' Club of London Foundation
Registered Charity Number