Published October 13, 2019 18:30
Beats N' Rhymes is an introduction to the world of creating your own beats from scratch. You’ll learn the basics of music production, sampling sounds, and sequencing your own composition.
You will also learn how to write your own rhymes and match them with the beat to create an original rap song.
You will learn from 2 of Southwestern Ontario's most sought after beatmakers, Mad Hattr, and DJ Chase March. They are veterans of the area hip-hop scene and both have the heart of a teacher. They have several songs and albums under their belts and look forward to helping you create one of your own.
The Rhymes sessions are led by writer and musician Mario Circelli. Mad Hattr and Chase March are also rappers and will help you craft your rhymes. They may even bring along a special guest or two for inspiration and coaching.
Your song could even get featured on Chase's radio show on 94.9 FM – Radio Western (CHRW Radio)
Beats N' Rhymes is for children and youth, 10 to 14 years old.
Register for the upcoming PA Days - Oct. 25th and Nov. 16th, 2019. Limited spots are available for each day!
Costs (snacks and lunch included)
- $47 per day for BGCL Members
- $50 per day for Non-Members
- Before and after care also available for an extra fee of $3.00 per care session.
This PA Day Experience will be taking place at the Boys and Girls Club of London - 184 Horton Street.
- Drop off is between 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., and pick-up is between 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Extended care before and after are available for $3.00 per morning (7:30 a.m.) or per afternoon (5:00 - 5:30 p.m.)
- Morning Snacks are Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, 100% Juice.*
- Lunch served is Mini Pizzas and Garlic Bread Sticks, Veggies and Dip, Cookies.*
- Afternoon Snacks are Yogurt Tubes and Graham Crackers.*
- Campers will also have the opportunity to swim in one of the pools! Make sure to pack a swim suit and towel!
*for September 27th, 2019 only. Snacks and Lunch items may be different for October 25th and November 15th.
Subsidy is available
City of London
Have a question?
Contact us! We'd be happy to hear from you!
Completed forms can be submitted:
- In person at the Boys and Girls Club of London (184 Horton St.)
- By fax - 519-434-7306
- Scan and e-mail to email@example.com
About the Digital Creative Arts Centre:
The Digital Creative Arts Centre (DCAC) is an exciting space within the Boys and Girls Club of London for young people develop digital creative arts skills such as composing, recording, and editing. Follow the progress of the DCAC on Twitter - @DCACLondon