Updated June 10th, 2020
With the announcement that water recreational facilities and swimming pools can re-open, at this time, we are unsure when we'll be open for swim lessons and recreational swim.
If you have registered for spring and summer swim lessons, you will be receiving a full refund due to our closure.
Once a decision has been made in regards to re-opening our pool, we'll be posting an update on our website and social media.
Recreational Swims are a great way for children to enjoy swimming in a fun environment while staying physically active. Recreational swims are held in our Wellness Pool which consists of a warm water shallow end (91°F/33°C) and a deep end. Competent swimmers that can pass the swim test can enjoy 3 water slides in the deep end of the Wellness Pool.
Our Evening Adventure Program (after school) allows children and youth to choose swimming as an option throughout the week, Monday to Friday. Children are supervised by a BGCL staff member in the water as well as qualified Lifeguards. Parents/guardians are not permitted during these times.
Grades: 1 to 8
Mondays & Tuesdays during the school year*
5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays during the school year*
4:30 pm to 7:00 pm
*(except on PD Days & holiday breaks)
Included in Membership and visitor fees during the school year.
- Children 6 years of age or younger must be directly supervised within arm’s reach in the water by BGCL staff at all times.
- Children 7-10 years of age who are non-swimmers must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is at least 16 years of age and responsible for their direct supervision OR wear a lifejacket.
- Lifejackets can only be worn in the shallow end of the Wellness Pool.
- The deep end is restricted to those individuals able to demonstrate comfort in the water and the ability to pass the Aquatic Swim Test given by the lifeguard on duty. This test consists of a 25m swim completed comfortably by the swimmer without putting their feet on the bottom.
- Special needs should always be 1:1 in the water at all times.
- Guardians or group leaders are responsible for the children in their care while in the facility and must directly supervise the children at all times.
519-434-9115 ext. 246