Update - Dec. 22, 2021 - Winter Break Day Camp
Due to the rising cases of COVID-19 and due to recommendations made by Middlesex-London Health Unit, we have made the difficult decision to cancel Winter Break Day Camp for December 29th and 30th, 2021. This decision was not made lightly. Refunds for registered participants will be issued automatically however it could take up to two weeks to process. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Ontario's Enhanced Vaccination Certificates
Please note that due to COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines, wearing face masks, practicing physical distancing will be required for all those who are participating in Club programs at the Club and at off-site locations. Participants who are 12+ years old must provide proof of vaccination/exemption and identification. This will only be required to be shown to the BGC staff upon sign-in ONCE. BGC staff will not make copies or keep the proof provided; staff will log that proof has been provided and the participant should not have to provide it again.
For more information about who is and isn't exempt from providing proof of vaccination, please click here.
Upcoming Day Camps
CANCELLED - December 29, 30, 2021 (no program Dec 27-28 & 31) - Winter Break Camp
- Friday, January 14, 2022
- Friday, March 4, 2022
- March 14 – 18, 2022 - March Break
Monday, April 18, 2022 - Easter Monday
Friday, June 3, 2022
Thursday, June 30, 2022 (closed July 1)
Registration for camp dates is now available online.
*For those who are receiving subsidy, if you do not already have an account, do not create a RecDesk account to register online. Please contact Lorrie at 519-434-9115 ext. 223 as the first step.
BGC London is looking forward to having your child(ren) join us for day camp!
For the 2021-22 school year, we will be operating day camp at two locations:
184 Horton St. East (downtown London)
Thorndale, ON - 265 Upper Queen St. (Thorndale Lions' Community Centre)
What Your Child(ren) Should Bring to Camp:
Face masks or coverings; as per the guidelines set for day camp operations, campers must wear face masks or coverings unless exempt.
- Lunch and snacks
- Water bottle labelled with child’s name
- Weather appropriate clothing for outdoor activities
- Bathing suit and towel as the children will be using the splash pad (weather permitting)
- Proper footwear such as running shoes or sport sandals with straps – please avoid flip flops and Crocs as they can cause injuries when running around.
Through safety measures, recommendations and policies provided by the municipality, public health, and our national organization, we have prepared to meet the standards and guidelines in order to open for camp. We appreciate your support and understanding as we all navigate through these changes that have affected our lives, especially our children.
The health and well-being of our children, families, and staff, is our top priority.
Upon arrival at the camp site, there are procedures put in place to ensure the health and safety of all those who enter.
We wish to advise you of what to expect to avoid surprises.
If your child(ren) is absent from camp, please provide us with notice in writing and include a reason why they are absent that day. An e-mail notification sent to email@example.com will be sufficient.
If you are canceling your camp registration, you must provide in writing a notice of the cancelation at least two (2) weeks before the camp week starts in order to receive a refund, minus a $15.00 administration fee per cancelation.
For example, if you provide notice that you're canceling registration for one day of camp; the fee is $15.00. Then a few weeks later, you decide to cancel registration for another day of camp, the fee is $15.00. You paid $30.00 in total for two cancelations.
Camper Drop off / Pick-Up / Health Screening
To ensure everyone’s safety, all individuals entering either facility must participate in an active pre-screening and campers are required to have their temperature checked by an on-site BGCL staff member EVERY DAY.
Prior to joining in camp every day, our staff will be asking assessment questions that you can complete online or upon arrival. Completing this online will most likely shorten the wait time at drop off, if completed correctly.
Our questions are relating to having symptoms, previous contact with others who may have COVID-19 or have travelled outside of Canada. If any of the questions are answered yes, the staff will request that you delay your visit, consider visiting your health care provider and to stay at home. All completed questionnaires are kept for our records for contact tracing purposes for the Middlesex-London Health Unit, if individuals need to be contacted due to outbreak.
Dropping off your child(ren)
- Please complete the online screening prior to arrival at the building. Please click here to start the online Health Screening Questionnaire.
- Please wait outside the building at physical distancing markers until you are permitted inside the lobby of the building. Please prepare for inclement weather as there is no shelter outside.
- Everyone will be asked to use hand sanitizer which is provided upon entry and remain at the desk safely behind the plexiglass barrier. Individuals cannot travel past the desk until screening is passed.
- Our screening staff will be wearing PPEs. If you are having difficulty hearing instructions, please kindly advise us.
Either the pre-screener will review your online questionnaire or complete a hard copy at the camp site.
If all questions are answered NO, child may enter and join program. A staff member will escort your child(ren) to their homeroom and the front desk will sign the attendance on your behalf to minimize contact.
If any question is answered yes and/or the child displays symptoms, the individual cannot be admitted to the program location. Family will be directed to contact health care provider.
INCLUSION NOTE – at this time, please send all inquiries about day camp spaces for children with exceptionalities (special needs) to our Inclusion Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Picking up your child(ren)
- Please ensure that you/caregiver is listed as an individual allowed to pick up child(ren), and bring government issued photo identification. All adults must show their photo identification to the staff member when picking up child(ren) from camp.
- Please wait outside of the building at physical distancing markers until you are permitted inside the lobby of building. Please prepare for inclement weather as there are no shelters outside.
- Everyone will be asked to use hand sanitizer which is provided upon entry and remain at the desk safely behind the plexiglass barrier.
- After staff views photo identification and verifies pick-up person, Director or designate will locate and escort child(ren) to the front entrance to authorized pick up adult.
- Front desk staff will sign out child upon leaving, to ensure contactless sign out.
A few other items to note:
- Camp is for ages 4 to 13 years old.
Extended care available for an extra fee ($3.00 per child, per day OR $15.00 per child, per week) – Early drop off is no earlier than 7:30 a.m. Late pick up is no later than 5:30 p.m.
- All campers are divided into cohorts of 8 to 10 children per cohort and supervised by 2 day camp counselors in order to meet the standard of 15 people in a cohort per provincial guidelines. Please note that all siblings or individuals in the same household will be grouped together in the same cohort.
- Each cohort has a staff member who is responsible for disinfecting, sanitizing, and cleaning.
- Physical spacing to encourage campers to remain apart from one another during activities to support 2 metres (6 feet) physical distancing.
- Campers remain on site as there will be no bus trips or out-trips at this time. Based on the weather, cohorts will participate in general outdoor activities and walks where permitted.
- Swimming – our pools are closed. Campers may participate in special water activities as long as guidelines are met and weather permitting.
Lunches and snacks are not provided at this time. All campers must bring their own food while abiding the peanut-free standard.
Our team would like to share an update with you and your family on the preventative measures in place:
- New procedure for pre-screening before entering the building. New procedure regarding isolation if an individual displays symptoms of COVID-19.
- Encouraging frequent hand washing throughout the day by all campers and staff. Hand sanitizers stations have increased and are readily available.
- Multiple cleaning procedures of shared surfaces using approved products for disinfection by Health Canada.
- Additional counselors are hired to clean and ensure the disinfection and sanitization of equipment, furniture, washrooms, and all high traffic shared surfaces.
- PPEs are provided to our staff and are mandatory to be worn when 2 metres (6 feet) physical distancing is not possible with campers and other individuals. All staff have participated in training specifically in regards to these additional safety measures as well.
- All rooms and spacing have been sanitized and reconfigured to ensure social distancing and reduce the interaction between other cohorts of children.
- All drop off and pick up are in the front area where staff will meet and escort campers and caregivers can either depart after drop off, or kindly wait at pick up later.
- Any visitors, aside from BGCL employees and registered campers, are to remain at the entrance of building and cannot travel through the facility without permission by management.
A Quick Overview
Registered families will also receive a copy of the schedule in their e-mail. Schedules are subject to change depending on other factors such as weather and other events that may be out of our control.
- Fri. November 12, 2021 (only at the Club's main site, no program at Thorndale Lions' Community Centre)
- December 20, 21, 22, 23, 2021 (no program Dec 24) - Winter Break Camp
- December 29, 30, 2021 (no program Dec 27-28 & 31) - Winter Break Camp
- Fri. January 14, 2022
- Fri. March 4, 2022
- March 14 to 18, 2022 - March Break
Mon. April 18, 2022 - Easter Monday
Fri. June 3, 2022
Thurs. June 30, 2022 (closed July 1)
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., extended care is available
Ages: 4 to 13
Application & Registration will be required.
If you are receiving a subsidy, you must be pre-approved for camp by your Case Worker. If you register without pre-approval, your registration may be cancelled/void.
Health Screening Questionnaire must be completed every day.
- If you need to cancel registration for day camp, please refer to our policy here on how refunds are issued.
Inquiries about spaces for Inclusion campers can be sent to the Inclusion Coordinator - email@example.com.
- 184 Horton Street East (downtown London)
- Thorndale, ON - 265 Upper Queen St. (Thorndale Lions' Community Centre)
At this time, snacks and lunches will not be provided.
||$52 per child, per day
||$230 per child, per week
For Members and Non-Members
7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- $3.00 per child per day
- $15 per child per week
||$55 per child, per day
||$240 per child, per week
For Members and Non-Members
5:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- $3.00 per child per day
- $15 per child per week
*Daily registration for March Break camp is only available for Thorndale, ON site.
If you need to cancel registration for day camp, please refer to our policy here on how refunds are issued.
Please note: Subsidy* is available (City of London, Middlesex County). You must have been pre-approved for camp by your Case Worker. This information will be verified by our staff. If you have not been pre-approved for camp by your Case Worker, your registration will be cancelled/void.
*For those who are receiving subsidy, if you do not already have an account, do not create a RecDesk account to register online. Please complete the PDF form first AND please contact Lorrie at 519-434-9115 ext. 223. Lorrie will help with you with the rest of the steps.
Please be patient when calling as phone lines will be busy. We have limited staff working at this time.
If you leave a message, we'll call you back as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience!
Phone: 519-434-9114 (Monday to Friday between 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
General E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Monitored during business hours)