Published April 12, 2021 16:00
The Dream It Be It conference aims to help pave the way to bright futures for high school students in Grades 9 to 12.
The three day, virtual conference, April, 23, 24 & 25 (10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) connects high school youth with various industry professionals providing valuable career insight. As well, the conference connects students with supports ranging from mental health and empowerment strategies to how-to-guides aimed to get students organized to take on any challenge.
“By providing this experience, we hope to empower students to pursue their career goals and reach their full potential” says Anne Alton, Soroptimist International London representative.
The Dream It Be It conference is jam packed offering seven sessions over three days and provides an assortment of exciting topics for youth aimed at paving their way for student success.
Included in the conference are entertainment periods and keynote addresses from inspirational speakers such as London’s own Saidat, Let’s Talk Science’s President and Founder Bonnie Schmidt, inspirational poet and writer Fauzia Agbonhin, and many others.
“Sessions are geared towards helping youth develop insight and skills that will empower them to seize their futures, as the conference theme, Your Future, Your Way suggests” says Spencer Momney, Boys & Girls Club London representative and event organizer.
How to Register
Students can register for a conference session using Jotform which will automatically connect them and provide Zoom link access to the events.
Register for any of the sessions using this link - https://form.jotform.com/210884303044246
- Finding your Passion, Finding Your Future - Career exploration focusing on the fields of Education, Engineering, Technology, Armed Forces and Culinary Arts/Travel and Tourism and Healthcare
- Putting the We in Wellness: Balancing Your Stress - Will include robust discussions aimed at demonstrating help is available for those in need and that mental health is key to future success
- The Indigenous Perspective: Finding Your Path - This panel comprised of indigenous leaders from our area and dives deep into the community’s shared experiences.
- Your Future, Your Way (Putting Dreams Into Action & How to Organize For A Successful Future) - Offers insights on how to successfully find meaningful employment, including tips and tricks to get you in the door and nail that interview!
- Rising above Obstacles - Turning Failure into Success - The session focuses on key speakers telling their personal stories of success and how they overcame obstacles and turned failure into success.
Other sessions will cover topics like: Smashing through the Glass Ceiling (Why Women Should Lead) and LGBTQ2 advocacy and struggles.
Thank you to our Community Partners:
This event is presented by:
- Digital Creative Arts Centre (within the Boys and Girls Club of London)
- Dream It Be It - Career Support for Teens
- Soroptimist International London
If you have any questions, need more information, or if would like to provide a donation or sponsorship for the event, please contact:
519-434-9115 ext. 264