Published May 02, 2022 09:00
Update for May 2022
- CLOSED on May 23rd in observance of Victoria Day
- Wednesday, May 4th - Body Break with Hal and Joanne! More information is available here.
- Save the date! May 30th to June 9th is the HSSC's Online Silent Auction and Strawberry Luncheon. Order your meal now before it's too late! Click here to order online or you can contact us to order.
- We're looking for members who are interested in volunteering! Contact Karen if you are interested.
- Please remember that we are a scent-free facility. When coming on site, please be mindful and respectful of others and refrain from wearing or applying scented products like perfume, cologne, aftershave, scented cosmetics, skin lotions or hair products.
We are following Ontario Health’s recommendation and lifting the mask mandate at BGC London/Horton Street Seniors’ Centre (HSSC). The Club is a mask-friendly environment for those choosing to wear a mask. Please be respectful of others, whether or not they choose to wear a face covering.
The HSSC strongly encourages all members to wear their masks while at the HSSC. Please practice physical distancing whenever possible.
Please make sure to stay home if you are feeling unwell OR if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or someone who has any of the symptoms. Please refer to this poster for a list of symptoms. Contact either your health care provider, Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000), or visit an Assessment Centre for testing.
Thank you for your cooperation!
The health and safety of our members, volunteers and staff is always our utmost priority. The HSSC follow all provincial and local public health guidelines and protocols for COVID-19. These are subject to change at any time and the HSSC will also pause or adjust programs and services at any time.
Here are the changes that came into effect on March 21st:
- You MUST have an active / current membership to register for any program at the HSSC.
- All members must sign-in with their physical membership cards on arrival. If you forgot your card, just give the sign-in staff your first and last name.
- Members will no longer be limited to attending programs only 2 times per week.
- The Judo Room is open for coffee, tea, and select baked goods for purchasing, and Frozen Entrées are available for purchase! (Open Monday to Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- Please check your inbox, spam/junk mail folder for the newsletter which contains information about current/upcoming programs each month. We are using Vertical Response to send the newsletter out.
Important Notes about Programs/Activities
- Time slots are eliminated.
- Registration will not be required however once the Fitness Room reaches its capacity limit, the door will be closed. Members will be asked to wait in the hallway. From then, it will one person in, one person out until the number of members in the room is lower.
- Fitness Room hours will be 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Masks are strongly recommended at all times in the Fitness Room.
- No registration required for open swim (rec. and lane) from 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Registration IS required for Aquafit classes and are members only. Members can register and pay per session or register to drop-in for $3.00 per class.
- No registration required for open swim from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Registration IS required for Gentle-Fit classes and are members only. Members can register and pay per session or register to drop-in for $3.00 per class.
*Please note: Aqua-Fit and Gentlefit classes will need a minimum of 5 members each for the classes to run.
To register for a program like Aquafit or Gentle Fit, you can register:
- Online via RecDesk.
- Call 519-434-9114 to register over the phone (leave a message with your name, phone number and what programs - date and time - you would like to register for, or email us at INFO@BGCLONDON.CA.
- Send a private message to the HSSC's Facebook page to register and we will share the information with Lorrie and Stacey.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any seniors' program staff members. We will be happy to help in any way we can. The contact information for the team is listed at the very bottom of this page.
Schedule for May 2022
Some programs will require registration as spaces are limited.
To register for a program/activity, you can go online to use RecDesk, call us (519-434-9114) or email us. When calling or emailing, please include your name, your phone number, and what programs/activities you would like to register for. When registration opens, Lorrie and Stacey will be very busy responding to phone calls and emails so please leave one message or send one email and they will follow up with you as quickly as they can. Thank you!
In order to register for any program online, by phone or in person, you MUST have an active / current HSSC membership.
We have changed our database system and if you are have any questions about your membership or if you are unable to register online, please contact Lorrie or Stacey at the Club and they will be happy to help you renew your membership.
Call 519-434-9114 (Monday to Friday during business hours only)
Overview of WOW (Without Walls, online and phone programs)
WOW is an interactive, safe, barrier-free way to have fun and stay connected to the HSSC and other members.
WOW is free for all HSSC members and currently free to anyone 55+ years old.
You can participate with your home phone, mobile device, on Facebook Live, or through Zoom.
Different programs use different platforms. See our monthly calendar (program schedule) to know what your program requires.
If you do not have access to a computer, do not worry! We will bring the programs to you through your phone.
Past videos for Get Fit and Seated Exercise classes can be found on YouTube.
At this time, our Transit program is not accepting any new members.
Priority will be given to existing members.
If you are not coming back to the HSSC while we are operating under our COVID-19 schedule, you will not lose your regular spot on the HSSC transit.
If you have any questions please call HSSC Transit at 519-434-9119.*
*Please do not call our main number (519-434-9114) to reach the Transit Department. We're unable to transfer calls to them.
More Questions about the Centre? Concerns?
We are looking forward to seeing you!
Health and Fitness Coordinator - Emily Bright - EBRIGHT@BGCLONDON.CA or 519-434-9115 ext. 237
Volunteer & Seniors' Programs Coordinator - Karen Pyatt-Westbrook - KPYATT@BGCLONDON.CA or 519-434-9115 ext. 250
Seniors' Programs Manager - Shelley Wood - SWOOD@BGCLONDON.CA or 519-434-9115 ext. 251
Café & Nutrition Programs Coordinator - Marieke Graham - MGRAHAM@BGCLONDON.CA or 519-434-9115 ext. 234 (the café) or ext. 243 to leave a voicemail message on her office phone.
Information Booth - INFO@BGCLONDON.CA or 519-434-9114