Published March 01, 2021 09:00
Welcome back (again)!
We know this has been a tough and challenging time and we are glad to welcome you back.
In order for us to re-open, we have had to create some guidelines and procedures to keep you all safe (as well as staff). Below, you will find our guidelines and some additional information as well as our program schedule. Please read through carefully.*
*please note that the re-opening of the Horton Street Seniors' Centre does not include the Boys and Girls Club of London's children and youth programs.
We are following the Orange/Restrict Level procedures. The Aquaplex Pool, Fitness Room, Seated Exercise classes, and Social Program will be available at this time.
- You must be registered for a program in order to be allowed into the building. Registration to attend programs during the week of March 22nd and March 29th will open on Tuesday, March 9th at 9:00 a.m.
- If you need to renew your membership or purchase a parking pass, please do this during a time you are scheduled for the program time.
- Masks must be worn at all times while at the HSSC, except when you are physically in the pool
- While London is in the Orange/Restrict Level, all members may use the Aquaplex front doors (main entrance).
- If you do not pass the COVID-19 screening when entering the club, you will not be permitted in the club.
- If you are not feeling well, PLEASE STAY HOME.
- No wandering when at the HSSC. You are only permitted to go to your scheduled program.
- If you would like to purchase a frozen entrée from the Café a time will be arranged by Marieke to pick up your frozen entree.
- We ask all members to come 15 minutes prior to your scheduled program. We do understand with transit sometimes this is difficult, we ask you then to wait in the designed waiting area.
- Lockers will be available for members to keep their personal items in. Please note you are required to bring your own lock for the locker, the HSSC will not be providing locks. You need to lock up your personal items at the club, the HSSC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- PLEASE NOTE: The HSSC COVID-19 Program Schedule could change or be canceled at any time if the province goes back into a lockdown or if any recommendations from local public health authorities advise the HSSC to reduce or cut back on programs or people permitted in the building.
Overview of Programs
Join us for Get Fit live on Facebook and the video archive is available. You do not need a Facebook account to watch and follow along.
Please note that registration is REQUIRED for ALL programs with certain time slots allotted for each program.
As we're limited in our capacity, it is a first come, first serve basis and members can attend the HSSC up to twice a week.
Members will receive an e-mail in their inbox from Emily with the program registration link.
The registration form will be sent out every two weeks on Mondays. Please double check your junk/spam folder to see if it's there.
If you did not receive an e-mail at all, please contact us at email@example.com and we will send you the information.
The program registration will open every two weeks to register for the two weeks following (maximum 2 visits per week for now). For example on Tuesday, February 23rd, registration opened for the weeks of March 8th and 15th. On March 9th, registration will open for the weeks of March 22nd and 29th.
Please remember to write down which dates you've registered for. Due to limited staffing capacity, our staff are unable to confirm what dates you have registered for. We will only reach out to you if there is an issue with the reservation (no news is good news!) so unless you hear from us consider yourself booked.
Thank you in advance and we're excited to see you all again!
Membership application is now available.
At this time, our Transit program is not accepting any new members.
Priority will be given to existing members.
If you are not coming back to the HSSC while we are operating under our COVID-19 schedule, you will not lose your regular spot on the HSSC transit.
If you have any questions please call HSSC Transit at 519-434-9119.*
*Please do not call our main number (519-434-9114) to reach the Transit Department. We're unable to transfer calls to them as their office is off-site.
Frozen Entrées Available for Purchase!
Our chef-made line of Frozen Entrées to Go offer the comfort of a home cooked meal without any of the effort.
Affordably priced, our menu selections are made with fresh, quality ingredients in our professionally-staffed kitchen. Some of our delicious creations are even vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free.
Food safety continues to be our top priority.
Our generous, single-serve portions are designed to go right from your freezer to your oven, or can be popped out of the oven-safe container and microwaved.
Cooking times vary, but all our dishes are fully cooked, and just require reheating to an internal temperature of 74°C, (165°F) as with all prepared foods.
We offer same day, curbside pick-up, safe and contactless. While we prefer that you order and pay online, if you are unable, you can phone your orders in to 519 434 9115 x 234, and pay by credit card over the phone. Exact cash will also be accepted at pick up. We deliver orders of 6 or more entrees, and can accept cheques upon delivery.
So take the night off, and let us cook for you tonight! Contact Marieke by email or phone with questions anytime.
More Questions about the HSSC Re-Opening? Concerns?
Emily, Karen and Shelley are looking forward to seeing you!
Fitness Room Assistant - Emily Bright - firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-434-9115 ext. 237
Volunteer & Seniors' Programs Coordinator - Karen Pyatt-Westbrook - email@example.com or 519-434-9115 ext. 250
Seniors' Programs Manager - Shelley Wood - firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-434-9115 ext. 251
Information Booth - email@example.com or 519-434-9114