Published September 21, 2021 13:00
The Government of Ontario has announced that Ontarians will have to provide proof of vaccination in select settings.
BGC London and the Horton Street Seniors' Centre will be following the guidelines provided by the Ontario government and London Middlesex Health Unit that are to be implemented on September 22nd, 2021.
According to these guidelines:
- Individuals who cannot receive the vaccine due to medical exemptions will be permitted entry with a doctor’s note until recognized medical exemptions can be integrated as part of a digital vaccine certificate.
- Children who are 11 years of age and younger and unable to be vaccinated will also be exempted from these requirements.
For more information about the enhanced vaccine certificate and verification app, please refer to the Ontario website here.
Updated September 21st, 2021
As of Wednesday, September 22nd, 2021, all members, patrons and visitors will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide their proof of vaccination/exemption along with identification to access Club programs/activities. Fully vaccinated people will need their current vaccination receipt alongside a valid piece of identification, such as a driver’s license, a birth certificate, or health card, to access these facilities and services.
Parents/Guardians who are watching their child/youth in a registered program/activity (ex. Swim lessons) will be required to show proof of vaccination/exemption. During the children's program, Evening Adventure, parents/guardians are not permitted to remain in the building due to program space capacity limits.
Who is exempt from showing proof of vaccine?
The following individuals are exempt from showing proof of vaccination:
- Children under 12 years of age
- Youth (12 to 17 years of age) who are going into a recreational facility only if they are entering for the purpose of actively participating in an organized sport.
At this time, Club programs/activities are NOT categorized as organized sports therefore participants who are 12+ years old must provide proof of vaccination/exemption to the BGC staff.
Patrons entering an indoor area solely for the following purposes are exempt:
- to use a washroom;
- to access an outdoor area that can only be accessed through an indoor route;
- to make a purchase;
- while placing or picking up an order;
- while paying for an order;
- to purchase admission;
- or as may be necessary for the purposes of health and safety.
Also exempt are patrons who provide written document completed and supplied by a physician or registered nurse stating that the individual is exempt for a medical reason from being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and the effective time-period for the medical reason.
- The exemption does not apply to youth who are spectators at sporting events. Nor does the exemption apply to youth who are using a gym or other area with exercise equipment or weights unless actively participating in an organized sport.
- Anyone entering the building to coach or volunteer for an organized sport will not be required to show proof of vaccination.
As we become aware of any changes, we will provide updates.
Horton Street Seniors' Centre (HSSC)
All HSSC members will need to be fully vaccinated (2 doses + 14 day waiting period), and provide proof of vaccination along with photo ID to participate in programs/activities.
Members will be required to show the HSSC staff proof of vaccination along with photo ID.
Members can start showing their proof anytime before September 22nd and afterwards.
The HSSC will not be keeping copies of your proof of vaccination on file.
Members will only have to show HSSC proof of vaccination and photo ID ONCE. The HSSC staff will record that this has been completed.
Proof of Vaccination
2 doses of COVID-19 vaccination plus the 14-days waiting period along with photo ID.
Appropriate forms of ID: Driver's license, health card, passport, Ontario Photo ID card, student ID.
Please note: Unvaccinated people with medical exemptions or religious exemptions who cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccination will be permitted to enter with proper documentation.